Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm an Aunt!!!!



First time Josh held Haley Beth...still in his cammys from IRAQ!
A very proud Aunt Lo Lo

On Oct. 17 at 11pm, after a very long and difficult labor, Jordan and I became an uncle and an aunt to sweet Miss Haley Beth!!!! She was born at Camp Lejuene in North Carolina. The coolest part of the whole trip was that I got to go pick her daddy up 3 days after she was born from his return from IRAQ!!!! THEN I got to take him to the hospital to meet his baby and see his wifey Ashley! The whole experience was beyond words. If you know me well, you know I am extrememly sensitive to the armed forces, and I was bawling when all those boys got of the Greyhound buses to see their families! I videoed the whole thing so that Haley Beth can watch it one day and see her daddy coming home to meet her! A BIG OORAH!! to all those Marines out there!

3 comments:

Abigail and Ansley said...

Your story gave me chills...so wonderful! You are going to be a great aunt! I am glad that everyone was able to be there! Lots of love from Nashville

Jillina said...

Precious!! I remember fondly your tribute's to the Armed forces singing I'm proud to be an American while crying in your robe :)

Kim said...

How great!!! Congrats to Ashley!