Thursday, September 18, 2008

SO CLOSE!!!

Less than 7 weeks until Colt is due!!! I cannot believe it! I washed his sweet clothes and put them away this weekend. They are so TINY. I turned in my resignation letter this week to my principal, which was very bittersweet. I love my job and and team of girls at school, but I am SO READY to fill my days with staring at Colt, changing diapers, and feedings. I cannot wait to wrap my arms around him and rock him! I just cannot imagine what the little guy is going to look like either! I used to be afraid of having one of those ugly babies...you know you've seen them!!!...but I already know he is going to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!!! I cannot believe how great my pregnancy has been....I am one lucky gal. My only complaint is not sleeping well lately and coming home totally exhausted after work. I guess I am preparing for life with a newborn though! I have my first baby shower coming up next weekend and I am so excited!!! It takes all I have not to peek at my registries to see what has been bought, but I am holding back because I want to be surprised....but I am oh so tempted!

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me about staying home with Colt. I truly believe God put you in my path to give me a peace about it. I have had so many girls tell me that it just works out somehow (thanks to the big guy upstairs!!!), but never once has anyone discouraged me from doing it. Once I took that leap of faith and officially decided I would stay home and eat rice and beans if I have to, I have had such a peace and calm spirit. God is so good that I know we will be able to handle any struggles that come our way. So thanks for your sweet words. : )

Anybody have any tips for my last few weeks? Things I need to get done, or pack, or things you wish you would have thought of before baby was born!? Open to all advice! : )

COLT WILL BE HERE SOON!!!

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey! Enjoy your showers! I'm sure they will be fun. I was just like you. I couldn't wait to see Alex's face I wondered all the time what he would look like and was scared to have an ugly baby, but just knew I wouldn't:) You will LOVE staying home. Those kids at school that you love you will love Colt 100 times more. Can you imagine? Good luck! One great sleep book that you could start reading now is Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. By Dr. Marc Weissbluth. BEST book I ever read and that includes all of those fun books in Children's lit!

Angie said...

Last moments without baby-
-sleep late when you can...and feel no guilt about it!
-go a couple different places by yourself...soak up being alone
-walk around the grocery store without a purse...you'll soon be sporting an enormous bag
-get SUPER EXCITED!!! You're about to be a mommy and it is the best job EVER!!!

Lori said...

I am so happy for you that you get to stay home with your sweet baby! We watched a video (checked out from our local library) called The Happiest Baby on the Block. It was a life saver for us with Annalee. It talks about the five S's to soothe a fussy baby. Enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy!

Jenna said...

How exciting Lori! I'm glad you've been feeling good :) I'm praying for you and Colt!

leahknick said...

Hi Lori! I am so excited for you! Just know that after Colt arrives, you will not be able to imagine what your life was before him. He will change everything about every aspect of your life, and you will love every minute of it. And I know you already love him with all of your heart, but get ready for the first time you see him... you will realize that you have even more love than you ever knew you could have! :)

Erica Smith said...

Lori,

You might want to pack a robe and house shoes. I don't like to walk on yucky floors with out shoes! You will also want to take your own shampoo and stuff! I also took thank you notes to write while my Little Mr. was sleeping. The day you have him, will be the best day of your life, I know from experience! :) Erica

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

I think the name Colt is really cute, and I'm glad you've felt so good. Hopefully you'll find a way to get some good sleep these last few weeks. Your definitely in my prayers.

Cristie said...

I am so excited for you, get ready for the best day ever. Seeing your baby for the first time is like no other experience, such a blessing. Last few weeks just sit on your sofa and enjoy the quiet, no toys, nursery rhymes, crying, etc. Sleep as much as possible. Eat Mexican & Italian (neither one of those agree with Lola). Can’t wait for Colt!

Wren and Andrew said...

Lori, I am so excited for you and Jordan. I can only imagine how you are feeling. From several friends that have had children recently I hear that you must read "Baby Wise." I heard it is wonderful. I've been around their children, who are happy, healthy, and relaxed. I can't wait to be in your shoes. I am sure you still look cute as a button. You always do! Call me sometime- I want to hear all about it!

Kim said...

Awww, I'm so happy for you! God will totally bless your decision! And of course he'll be pretty: have you looked in the mirror... and seen Jordan? =)
Love you!

Jillina said...

Yay Lori!! Love the name Colt and you will of course LOVE staying home with him. Like any job it has good days and bad days but seriously the good way outweigh those rough days.

Enjoy your last few weeks before Colt comes. Go see lots of movies because that is the first thing to go esp if your breastfeeding around the clock.

BTW where are you registered?

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Lori! :) I'm soo excited for you! You'll have to have your sis send me your email on Facebook. I had to close my family blog...LOVE, Rebecca

Rebecca said...

Sorry I'm leaving another comment...I forgot to give advice...SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP if you can...you really and truly don't sleep much at all for WEEKS AND WEEKS! At least I didn't! :)

Also, it's wonderful you're staying home. I decided to stay home with Abigail and anything financially we had to give up (we are even selling our house now and downsizing) is WORTH IT! I get to see my baby all day every day and that's something priceless. :) Love ya! Rebecca