Monday, October 27, 2008

COLT IS HERE!!!!






Our sweet baby boy is finally here...2 weeks early! Last Wednesday I was lining my class up for PE and realized that I was either peeing in my pants OR my water just broke! Within minutes I am in the bathroom with 3 of my teacher friends and we are trying to figure out if I am peeing uncontrollably or if my water had broken. I was pretty sure my water had broken, but have heard stories of girls going to hospital only to be sent home because they had peed their pants....and I so didn't want that to happen to me! But after 15min or so of on and off "leaking" our school office manager drove me to the doctor who immediately confirmed that Colt is on his way and sent us to the hospital where Jordan soon met us. We got to the hospital around noonish (I think....my water broke at 10:25am). It was nothing like I expected, like you see in the movies....the girl's water breaks and there is a flood of water under her and then the contractions start....nope, not for me. I had a relatively slow leak and contractions didn't kick in until later Wednesday night. AMEN for epidurals!!!! : ) After almost 2 hours of pushing, Colt was born at 3:11am on October 23!!! He weighed in at 6lbs 0oz and 18.5in long. He has a head of dark hair and is beautiful and perfect in every way. I am still amazed that he is my son! Jordan and I are so in love and deeply smitten. We just look and him and cry. God is so good!!! Jordan is such a natural; he is the sweetest daddy I have ever seen. Again, I have no idea why the pics won't come up right. These are from my mom's camera so I will soon be adding pics from our camera. : ) Welcome to this world little baby Colt!!!! MY CUP RUNNETH OVER!!!!







13 comments:

chris anne said...

congratulations, lori! he's beautiful.

The Parker Family said...

He is precious and beautiful! Congratulations to you and Jordan. The gift of children is incredible. Hope you are feeling good. Get some sleep:) Colt has the same birthday as my baby Drew...how cool!

Becky said...

Congratulations!!!!! He's here! And he's beautiful! I can remember doing the same thing with Grace about this time last year! I would just look at her and sob with happiness and disbelief that she was MINE! Enjoy it all!!!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations on a beautiful and healthy baby boy. What a blessing!!

Angie said...

Hooray!!!! Well, it looks like you won't have to worry about your "last day" at work after all! You've already got that sweet bundle here, so you'll have no trouble waving goodbye and then heading home to be with your newest sweetheart!! Congratulations on the arrival of a BEAUTIFUL baby!

Jenna said...

Congratulations!! I've been checking in on you - anxiously awaiting his arrival :) What a precious baby boy!

Kim said...

Awwwww, yea, LoLo!!! Welcome to the world, Colt! I'm glad everything went well. I love the last picture of the 2 of you. =)

Hees Family said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you guys!! See I told you, to pack your bag, those babies seem to come on their own time.HAHA

Glad everything is going good. Give me a call when you feel up to it!!

Love ya!!

Cristie said...

Congrats, Colt is adorable. Cherish every moment, it all goes by so fast!

Jenny Beth said...

Lori,
Congratulations on baby Colt!!! He is too cute, love all the dark hair!!! So glad you all are doing well. We are still waiting on our little guy, I think he likes his current home a little too much!!! You are going to be the best Mom!!! Have fun and keep me posted on all the newborn "how too" news. Blessings to you all!!!

Whitney said...

Yay Lori!!!! Congrats! Colt is soooo cute and precious! Glad everything went so well!!

Chris Mycoskie said...

Looking forward to meeting little Colt at Christmas... Congrats! :-)

leahknick said...

Congratulations!!!! What a precious baby boy!!!! I am so happy for you and your new family!!