Friday, November 14, 2008

3 weeks today!

I cannot believe my sweet angel is 3 weeks old today! It makes me sad, really, that he will never be this little again. I can tell he is growing! It's funny how much my days have changed...now my daily goals are things such as: take a shower today, load the dishwasher, try to put Colt down for more than 5 min...funny. Colt is a snuggler, and I am working so hard to get him to like his crib. He wants to be held 24/7 and sleep snuggled up to me. I know that is a bad habit, but it means I get an hour or so of sleep too if I just cuddle up with him, but momma has things to do around the house during the day, so this constant holding has to be tamed! Then again I think of what my mom said. "Hold him tight. He'll grow up fast." NOOOO! That makes me sad and makes me want to hold him even more.... We did, however, have a breakthrough. He slept in his bouncy seat for an hour and then later for an hour and a half. And RIGHT NOW he has been snoozing in his carseat for an hour (thanks for that tip, Julie!!!!). So we are making progress! I just love him to pieces! The reason there are no pictures on this post is because our computer is from 1910 and I can't insert my card into the computer, and we apparently lost the CD that goes with the camera to download pics to the computer. AGHHHH! So this is like an emergency for me to get this figured out because I must share Colt's cuteness with everyone!!! : ) Well love to all, my sweet baby is starting to wiggle over there...here comes momma to save the day!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Emily is a snuggler, too. All the books say don't, don't, don't-- but I'm with you on the holding thing. It gives you some rest, and they really do grow so fast. I'm definitely a sentimental mom, cherishing every moment. They change so fast! It's so great to hear you say how much you love being a mom!

Ashley & Bobby said...

Peyt is a snuggler and ALWAYS wants to be held. I tried to break her and then realized that one day she will not want me to hold her, so I hold her all the time. She even sleeps w/me...it is nice b/c she sleeps through the night...when she wakes up, she gives me the biggest grin and opens her arms....it melts my heart everytime! I am dreading the day that I have to put her in her own bed!Good luck and enjoy every moment :)

Becky said...

Hold that baby TIGHT!!! I held Grace constantly... in fact, if you don't have one, I would highly suggest getting a baby carrier so you can "hold" him close to your body and still get stuff done. We loved the Baby Bjorn.... awesome!!!! Grace slept in her swing also a TON at the beginning!!! Hope this helps!

Hees Family said...

Try the baby bijorn, it seemed to work with my kids. You are still having "lovey" time and then getting things done.

Oh FYI they never grow out of the lovey time!!

Enjoy it!!

Jillina said...

I gave myself "permission" to sit and hold William and now Andrew for one full nap a day - which gets close to 3 hours. This way I got to enjoy lots of snuggle time and didn't feel gulity about it. Sadly your mom is right it goes so fast I can't belive William is 2.5 and that he ever used to sit still and snuggle with me.

Oh and do you have a baby sling? Check out peanut shell slings they are amazing!!