Sunday, October 25, 2009

Colt's 1st Birthday

Colt had a GREAT first birthday! His party was at his great-grandpa's house. The weather could not have been more beautiful. It was in the 70s and gorgeous. We had a family party, think around 30 guests, and it was a ball! Of course we loved having dad, aka Pops, in town, as well as Julie and her man, John. I couldn't have done it without their help! Enjoy the pics!

I saw this banner for sale for $40 and thought, I could make that! So I enlisted mom and her cricket. She cut out the letters and shapes and I assembled. Cost like $4!
This was pre party. Wish I had a pic with all the presents there!




Me and the Birthday Boy! I ordered his jon-jon off of Etsy! I love it.

I have made birthday cakes for several friends and for awhile I was selling them for birthdays and showers. I have ALWAYS looked forward to making my own children's birthday cakes. So I have been planning this cake in my head for MONTHS, and it turned out really cute I think! I lined the border with gumballs and the dots are Starbursts and Airheads! And homemade strawberry cake.


Everyone was gathered around him cheering and taking pictures, which this little ham loved! He started squealing, laughing and clapping to entertain us all. He is a silly mess!

One thing this boy can do is eat! I knew he'd make me proud!
It was a fun day! I cannot believe my baby is one. It sure flies by. They say it takes a village to raise a child, and I cannot be more thankful for the village of family and friends God has blessed us with to help raise this sweet young man. He is the light of my life.
After a change of clothes (we put him in clothes he got at the party!!), he loved playing with his new toys!

I love you, Colty!

5 comments:

Wren and Andrew said...

Hey Lori... Her looks so precious! And you did such a great job on the cake! I wish time would slow down, it seems like i was just looking at tiny baby pics of him!

Wren and Andrew said...

oops, i meant he not her!

Jillina said...

Aww yay for 1st Birthday parties! Did you cry and get all sappy? I totally did for William but for whatever reason didn't for Andrew. Weird huh? Glad it went well!

Kim said...

Uhhh... that cake looks AWESOME!!! Great job, LoLo!!

Rebecca said...

You did a great job, Lori! Such a cutie pie! :)