Monday, January 11, 2010

Some Pics...

I love this cowboy-esque vest Colt got from Ellory for Christmas!
We met Daddy for lunch last week. How cute is that hat?!

Chomp that chip, Colt!


Two things Colt is majorly obsessed with: balls and toothbrushes.
I left him a book to look at when I put him down for his nap last week. A couple hours later I hear all this adorable talking going on in his room. At least every other word was "ball." When I went into his room he was reading his book and it was opened to a page with some balls on it! My son is a genius, y'all!
Here is a cake I made last weekend for someone whose wife was turning 30 (obviously).
Heard of Leddy's boots? Well Jordan has played their Christmas party for 2 years now and instead of getting paid, he gets to have custom boots made! It took over an hour, maybe closer to 2, to get perfectly and precisely measured for his boots. Guess how long until they are ready? 10-12 MONTHS! Isn't that insane!? So maybe by next Christmas he will have his custom made boots. I will tell you that they cost more than our mortgage payment! I mean, holy cow! I am one jealous wife!!! One day I plan to have my own pair too! I am thinking the next 2 years he will be playing parties towards the credit of MY boots!
Here she is tracing his foot into their book. They say the boots feel so good that you will never want to take them off. Well I'd say so!She had Jordan try on at least 10 different boots and made notes about how each boot fit his foot.
This is similar to what Jordan's will look like. He chose smooth ostrich skin.
We spent the weekend in San Angelo visiting my sister Julie and helping her get situated in her new rent house. Jordan insisted we eat at Lowake Steak House. It is famous in those parts and in the middle of NOWHERE. We decided to split a T-bone....it was 28oz! It was bigger than Jordan's head people!!
Jordan, John, and Julie play some Super Mario Bros on Wii
Today while I was unpacking our bags from the weekend, Colt found some chocolate candy. This is how I found him:

Like I was saying about toothbrushes.....Colt has a collection. He carries one around for a good part of the day. If he sees you brushing your teeth, then he will have a meltdown of you don't give him the toothbrush so he can brush his teeth too. The dentist will be so proud. This WAS one of my new toothbrushes until today.
Apparently Sophie needed fresher breath. He can now add this toothbrush to his collection because I certainly don't want it back!Poor Soph. She gets followed and annoyed ALL day, but she is getting so sweet with him. He was all about snuggling with her today, and I couldn't believe she let him! I think she is giving up!
Something is wrong with this picture: Colt is in the dog bed and...
Sophie is in our bed!

Man, what a fun week! I am telling you what, there is never a dull moment around here! Colt makes me the happiest Momma in the whole world! I can't even begin to put into words how much I love and adore him. If I had a dollar for the kisses I give him, then we'd be billionaires! What an honor that God let me be his momma.

6 comments:

Angie said...

He is such a sweetie! Can't believe those boots! That's great! God IS good letting us have these babies!

Blessed said...

Colt is SO SO cute!!! The boots sound awesome!

Kim said...

What a fun, newsy post! =) Wow- the boots. I had no idea boots could cost that much. COULD he get a paycheck instead of boots, if he wanted? That'd be nice and fat. =)
Like the chocolate face. =)
Poor Sophie. Her little life sure changed, huh? =)

Cristie said...

I love Colt and his HAT, adorable! I can't wait to get the kiddos together in a few weeks. miss ya

Kristen said...

Awww, Colt looks so cute in the vest! And that's a great patch sweater. What a snappy dresser! Hope to see y'all at Ellory's birthday party next month (invites are on their way). :)

Rebecca said...

Great job on the cake too! :)