Thursday, January 7, 2010

'Tis the Season for THIEVIN'


Our Groom's Cake

I hope you are sitting down for this one. Remember all those monthly pics of Colt with Jordan's guitar? Remember our AMAZING groom's cake that was made to look like Jordan's guitar? Remember how you NEVER saw Jordan play a show without his guitar? Remember how my name was in the heart on the guitar? Remember how Jordan was looking forward to passing his guitar down to Colt one day? WELL....

A week or two before Christmas someone busted out Jordan's car window in the middle of the night at our house and stole all of his music stuff including his precious guitar!!!! I KNOW! We are just devastated. We can't bare to even talk about it out loud. I asked him last night if we could just pretend that it never happened. We did file and police report and called insurance and all that good stuff, but the guitar holds so many memories for us. It isn't worth much to pawn or sell now that Jordan has drawn all over it, so I just wish they would bring it back!

And you're gonna love this part...

I posted an ad on Craigslist, "Stolen Guitar REWARD." And put a couple of pictures with it. We got a couple of really nice responses from some men going to help us scour pawn shops and Craigslist. THEN last week Jordan gets a phone call from a guy in Chicago, IL. He says, "Hey, I was calling about your guitar. I think I have it. I am a truck driver and I was driving through Texas and someone sold it to me at a truck stop for $85. Can you describe your guitar for me?" Well Jordan and I were singing and dancing through the house, as you can imagine. All he wanted was for us to repay him the $85 and pay his shipping for him to send it back to us. He wanted us Money Gram him the cash so he could get it shipped. Jordan asked him how he got his number and he said off of my Craigslist Ad. Yes, I was gleaming at my genius idea. So Jordan asked him if he could send us a picture or something of the guitar to prove that he had it before we just wire $150 over or that we could pay him once we received the guitar and the dude starting yelling at Jordan something about here he was doing this out of the goodness of his heart and just forget it, he would sell it to someone else AND HUNG UP ON JORDAN! Jordan freaks out and tries calling him back, it was dramatic, and he would just keep hanging up on Jordan telling him that it's over because he got an attitude! WHAT?! Then the guy randomly calls Jordan and says he is at the UPS store to ship the guitar. He just wants a tracking number for the money gram and then he will get us a tracking number for the guitar. We were close to getting the money sent when about 5 minutes later he calls and asks if we want a signature at delivery. Jordan said yes and was all pumped again. THEN we remember we have several friends in Chicago who can pick it up for us, see that he actually has the guitar, and pay him on the spot. That would be easiest on everyone and we would know we were not being scammed. So Jordan calls to tell the guy this new idea and he gets all crazy again saying, "You made me come all the way to the UPS Store for nothin'? Man, this jus' keeps gettin' weirder and weirder every second. You know what, just forget it." At this point we knew we had been strung along like a poor puppy dog! So Jordan goes, "Man, are you straight up scammin' me? You are you BLEEP BLEEP!!!" (sorry, but he was really MAD) "I'm gonna give your name to the police!" Dude goes, "Fine. Give my name to police!" and Jordan hung up. We were so almost totally scammed!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!? What a low life JERK! And let me tell you, he was a professional scammer! Calling us to to ask if we wanted a signature at delivery? Now that's good. URRRGGG!

So now here are again, without the guitar and sad as ever. So, my dear blogging friends, be on the lookout for us!


Oh, and, if the theif happens to be reading this, PLEEESE bring our guitar back. No questions asked! Just drop it off in the middle of the night or something!

5 comments:

Lori said...

So sad for your loss!!! and that craigslist story had me on the edge of my seat...what a jerk. people just amaze me sometimes.

Angie said...

Oh, Lori! That is so awful! I hope that something will still turn up!

Missy said...

I'm so sorry! This story FINALLY got Royce to get his guitars out of the truck and bring them in...he's so bad about leaving them in there because its convenient. This is just AWFUL! I cannot even imagine if Royce's bass was stolen! Was it taken at the new house?
We'll sure get it back if we see it anywhere!
Love y'all!

Kim said...

Oh my stars!!!! My mouth was hanging open the whole time. Poor Jordan!!! =( I know that was so special to him. I can't imagine how sad he must be. And to get scammed. Grrr, that burns me up.

Rebecca said...

So sad!! I'm sorry to hear about his guitar!!! Usually thieves aren't all that bright so maybe they'll post it somewhere for sale and you'll find it eventually!!