Monday, March 30, 2009

5 Month Fun Facts



5 months brings lots of "firsts"....and it's only been a week!

1. Colt got his first tooth!!! 
2. We celebrated his great grandpa's 86th birthday


3. First time in your high chair!


4. Started solids...a few days of rice cereal then onto momma's homemade purees. This was Colt's first REAL food....carrots. (Jordan and I think he looks like my dad in this pic.)


5. I finally got to make your baby food! MY NEW FAVORITE STORY: So I was making Colt sweet potato puree. Jordan walks in and asks, "Is that stuff good?" To which I reply, "Heck yeah, it's good. Try it." So he takes a big ol' bite and says, "Ummm! That's how I want my sweet potatoes next time! " So I said, "Hmm, it must be the BREAST MILK!" He started gagging and about died, but, man, I am STILL laughing!!!! HAHAHA


6. First time in a restaurant high chair. Such a big boy!


7. I keep finding you in your crib laying sideways!


8. Colt can hold a rattle.
9. Whatever is in your hand he will reach for it to explore! 
10. Colt loves the baby in the mirror! It's sooo cute!

What a fun first week of 5 months! So much has happened already! I am so in love with Colt it is unbelievable. What I cannot believe is that I will have a 6 month old in a few weeks!! WHAT!?

2 comments:

Angie said...

I was beginning to wonder if all those curls from mommy and daddy would be passed on....I see them now!! He is adorable! Isn't it crazy how fast they start meeting the milestones? The breastmilk story is too funny!! It does have a certain sweetness, huh? :)

Cristie said...

Colt is so cute, I can't wait to see him again in a month or so. loving all that curly hair! Soak up all the first, it just keeps going by faster. miss ya