Saturday, July 12, 2008

Homework Assignment

Most of you probably know that I am in the process of getting my Master’s degree in School Administration. (No, I do not want to be a principal. I would like to teach college one day and be in some sort of teacher leadership position.) So part of my homework assignment this week was to evaluate a website that deals with helping educators integrate technology…and then post a blog about my findings!. I was surprised that the best teacher technology website I could find was a blog by a guy named Nik Peachey. He is a learning technology consultant, trainer, writer and instructional designer. He specializes in developing computer based learning materials for language development and teacher training. His website is teacher-friendly with a huge list of topics to choose from, anything from animations to teaching vocabulary. His entries are pretty amazing. Almost all of his topics have a video tutorial to guide educators through setting up and getting started on whatever the task may be. Once I started browsing his website, I couldn’t stop going from one link to another…what a great resource for teachers who want to keep up to date in this technology-driven world. I would say that the only negative thing about Nik’s blog is that I would like to see more elementary age topics so that teachers in lower grades can use his ideas to start building a technology foundation at a younger age. This blog is a true reflection of technology in the 21st century. Nik lives in Moracco and is teaching these tutorials to educators all around the globe! I know I have a lot of teacher friends out there- I encourage you to browse his blog and let me know what you think! His blog is nikpeachey.blogspot.com. And feel free to share any of your favorite teacher/technology websites with me too!

1 comments:

Nik Peachey said...

Hi Lori

Many thanks for your very kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed my blog. I do my best to keep the standards up, retain some integrity and keep it free. Good luck with the pregnancy. Parenthood is fantastic and the richest educational journey you will ever make.

Best

Nik Peachey