Saturday, July 26, 2008

I am in love with ELEPHANTS!!!


Did anybody see the 20/20 special on elephants Friday night???? I think everyone in the world should have to sit and watch it. Did you know that elephants have emotions close to that of humans??? They stay in their herd for life and love on each other and take care of their family. When a hunter/poacher kills one in the herd, the whole herd is DEVISTATED and it changes their life -and they actually grieve for a long, LONG time. They aren't kidding when people refer to the 'memory of an elephant.' They even go back and visit the remains of deceased members of the herd for YEARS. I am so sad for the elephants in zoos away from their families and ESPECIALLY sad for ones in the circus. I don't think I'll ever go to a circus again in my life. I am telling you, I was sitting here on my couch BOO-HOOING over these poor elephants and it was not pregnancy hormones!!! I am making Jordan swear on his life (he is a hunter--like deer, dove, and turkey) that he will NEVER EVER NEVER shoot an elephant or be on a hunt with someone who will. People that kill elephants destroy the psyche of the whole herd, especially moms and their babies. SO SAD. An Elephant Can Be Traumatized! Did you know there is an elephant sanctuary in Tennessee? They take in abused and traumatized elephants. I want to work there. If you want to read the story here is the link: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=5435466&page=1 WATCH THE VIDEO. So now I hope you are in love with elephants too!! (I wish I could scheme a big plan to get all elephants out of the zoo and circus and to that sanctuary...)

7 comments:

Chris Mycoskie said...

When I hear a story about elephants escaping the Fort Worth Zoo, I'll know who set them free...

Kim said...

I saw it!!! I love 20/20. =) I didn't realize they had emotions like that. And it was so cute to hear them talking to each other. I also didn't know about the place in TN. Wish we could've gone there in college!

Cassie Mycoskie said...

Did not know that! That is incredibly sad!!!

The Pierce Family said...

You crack me up! They are VERY sweet. I will help you paint protest signs if you're interested...the circus is coming soon!

Chris Mycoskie said...

We need another update! :-)

Hees Family said...

Hey,

How are you??? We are in school now, so we are very tired and trying to adjust. I am sure you are tired too. Hope you are feeling good.

Chris Mycoskie said...

Update, please! :-)